Luxury Home Design Must Include the Expertise of an Architect Who Understands Your Needs
Luxury homebuildingcan be accomplished in myriad ways, but there are characteristics that most high-end properties have in common. These commonalities distinguish the custom home from other designs.
Luxury home designprimarily focuses on concepts that are both timeless and contemporary. The use of high-quality materials is always prioritized in luxury homes. Transformative and meaningful outdoor designs provide further opportunities for luxury. Most importantly, however, luxury architectsdeliver comprehensively on the clients’ vision.
Focus on Timeless Features
Step into almost any luxury home and you’ll find an emphasis on classic design elements. While trends come and go, a clear form and function is forever. Interior and exterior fads can quickly look dated and require further modification, costing you time, effort and money. Timeless architecture, on the other hand, looks stunning now and 20 years after your custom home remodel.
Because form facilitates function, your design should be balanced, cohesive and proportionate. These design principles are the basis of all successful projects and ensure your home can be enjoyed for years to come.
These custom home designs completed by our luxury architects are perfect examples of the beauty of timeless features:
- Exterior Renovation, which involved updating the windows, siding, and trim with richly proportioned and architecturally appropriate materials.
- Prairie-Style Contemporary, which features a classically simple interior with consideration of the exterior’s proportion and scale.
Prioritize Premium Materials
Your luxury home design isn’t complete without high-quality materials. Fixtures and finishes that showcase quality craftsmanship not only enhance the aesthetic appeal of your space, but also provide durability. Whether locally or specially sourced, materials should be intentionally chosen to add to the longevity of your custom home remodel.
At NSPJ Architects, we value personal connections and have formed strong relationships with luxury home buildersto ensure our designs are made to last. Our team can recommend contractors we’ve worked with in the past and that we’re confident will install materials with precision and care.
Explore these custom homes to see how premium materials were effortlessly integrated throughout the design:
- Lake Cabin Redesign, which incorporates native walnut trees that were removed for the project into doors and trim.
- Italian Farmhouse, which nods to informal Italian design with red clay tile, heavy timber and a gabled roof.
Embrace Space in Your Custom Home Remodel
Nothing says luxury quite like large living spaces. Open-concept design elevates a property’s magnificence and promotes a seamless flow throughout the house. Rather than rooms separated by walls, you have more common area, which gives you a better layout for:
- Hosting gatherings with friends and loved ones.
- Linking the indoors and outdoors.
- Displaying prized belongings, like artwork.
However, square footage isn’t the only opportunity to embrace space in your custom home remodel. High or vaulted ceilings, along with windows and other glass elements that bring in natural light, can help rooms appear larger without making adjustments to a layout.
Check out these open-concept homes for inspiration:
- Contemporary West Plaza Home, which combines the living, dining, and kitchen spaces on the main level and features a top floor retreat with voluminous vaulted ceilings.
- Leawood Neoclassical Estate, which was designed with a minimalistic gallery-feel and includes a sweeping, curved staircase, high ceilings, and clean lines.
Level Up Your Landscaping
Your landscape is just as important as your interior and, when thoughtfully designed, allows you to make the most of your natural surroundings. Whether you’re seeking a place to relax or entertain, your outdoor space should be an extension of your home, creating a seamless transition from inside to outside.
Outdoor kitchens, bars, living rooms and dining rooms are all popular additions in luxury custom home remodels. By bringing elements of everyday living outside, you can effectively blur the lines between your home’s structure and landscape, giving your property a resort-like feel.
Here are a couple of luxury home designsthat mastered the art of integrating the indoors and outdoors:
- Ozarks Luxurious Outdoors, which transformed a steep sloped backyard into a luxurious family resort that utilizes a series of terraces for multi-level outdoor living.
- Refined Cottage, which features a glass NanaWall at the back of the home, making it easy to expand the interior space to the exterior.
Make Your Vision a Reality with Our Luxury Architects
When it comes to designing a luxury home, you need look no further than NSPJ Architects. Our creative team of architects, landscape architects and planners are passionate about crafting solutions that fully meet our clients’ needs.
For more than 60 years, we’ve remained committed to design excellence and work closely with our clients and partners to develop lifestyle-rich environments that are inspired, holistic and innovative. Our detailed drawings ensure luxury home buildershave everything they need (and more!) to construct your dream home.