As we looked back at 2020, we looked for the silver lining in the year and all things that we can celebrate and call success stories. While this year had its challenges, here are a few of NSPJ’s highlights, joys, successes, and our gratitude for our industry partners, our clients, and our NSPJ culture. #NSPJCelebrates2020
- We celebrated our Nashville Office turning One! Principal Architect Kiley Darden has now been joined by Designer Sam Green at our new Nashville office.
- NSPJ celebrated the Tiffany Springs Senior Living & Healthcare project was a 2020 Capstone Winner! We could not be more honored to receive praise like this.
“We are proud to see the design of our Tiffany Springs Senior Living Community recognized among the most notable new developments in the Kansas City area,” said Tutera Senior Housing & Health Care CEO, Joseph C. Tutera. “The prestigious Capstone Award recognizes our continued commitment to creating the most luxurious and enjoyable lifestyle for area seniors.”
- Superbowl LIV Champs – Who can forget the Chiefs win in February? NSPJ has seen two World Championship wins from the Chiefs since its inception in 1961. Fingers crossed for a third!
Colorado Parade of Homes
- The Harmony design for Landmark Homes won several Awards in the Colorado Parade of Homes contest! (Entry # 23) That’s two years in a row that our work with Landmark has received recognition! See more of our collaborative work here: Award-Winning Designs in Northern Colorado.
+300 New Projects
- While the pandemic has been hard on all, it has forced homeowners to see their homes in a new way. This stay-at-home lifestyle has contributed to many homeowners wanting to do a little residential remodeling.
- The continued growth and development of KC Metro’s housing market also led to a record number of Land Planning projects to go in front of city officials this year.
- Building Design+Construction listed NSPJ among the nation’s Top 155 Architecture Firms! and ranked us #78 nationally for Best Multifamily Firms nationwide.
“It’s always an honor to be recognized for our breadth of knowledge in multifamily work and providing clients with designs that help achieve successful outcomes.” – NSPJ Co-President, Tim Homburg
- We were fortunate in 2020 to have 8 amazing student Interns! In a year unlike any other, some of our interns made unique arrangements. One intern, returning for a second summer worked remotely from his home in St. Louis. One chose to stay on with NSPJ for the entire year and take a pause from school to explore a more hands-on experience. Five more came and went back to university. Last, but not least, we then had one intern who started in January of 2020 who soon became a full-time employee after graduating in the spring!
- We love seeing our projects Highlighted, In October we were featured with Captivating Cottage in Kansas City Home & Style. Fox 4 KC featured the Historic Norman School Lofts in a series they called Beneath The Bricks. In December we landed a spot in InKC with #prairestylecontemporary and Landscape Architecture Magazine quoted one of our own about how to define our post-pandemic future.
- A few other Social Features include MetroWire Media & Environments for Aging.
So as the year winds down we stop, reflect, and say “Wow, what a year!” Thank you for coming along on this journey with us, it has been challenging, rewarding, and everything in between. We’re glad to say that we made it!