SR. PROJECT LEAD
- Concurrently holding a responsibility-based position of Designer III or above / Architect III or above
- Minimum of 10 years* of professional experience
- Employee at NSPJ for a minimum of 1 year
- Demonstrates ability to perform the requirements of Project Lead with proficiency
- Highly advanced knowledge and expertise in the field of Architecture / Landscape Architecture, with a focus on quality and research
- Independence and excellence through all design phases from conception through construction
- Independence and excellence in all “Performance Expectations” associated with Project Manager and responsibility-based title
- Accountability for the success of project production and deadlines
- Continuously expanding and updating professional knowledge through research and honing both skills and knowledge base
- Shows leadership and initiative to expand and disseminate knowledge through educating, supporting, and mentoring staff
- Presents a high level of professionalism, accountability, and performance
- All Project Lead Responsibilities
- Mentor Project Leads and other young staff during projects
- Skillfully communicate with clients and technical teams
- Provide detailed estimates of production team timelines, required hours, and production solutions to assist in proposal creation.
- Provide leadership for firmwide initiatives to improve best practices of drawing development and efficiencies.
- Assist Spec Writers in research and coordination of materials and products for project specifications.
- Essential for the effective performance in this role and the successful operation of the firm’s business, the individual must be able to communicate (verbal and written) effectively and constructively in English with NSPJ employees, consultants, and clients in order to convey and understand details relating to projects and other business-related items.
- Project Lead position is considered eligible for a Leadership Career Pathway. The Leadership career path is a vehicle for identifying future candidates for the Board of Directors and firm ownership. Candidates must be licensed and exhibit excellence in leadership and professional initiative. Refer to qualifications of Associate Principal Architect.
ESSENTIAL EMPLOYMENT REQUIREMENTS
- Communicate clearly and effectively in English, both written and verbally
- Daily attendance for a typical workday and accurate recording of time
- Able to work cooperatively with co-workers and teams through all stages of design and construction
- Ability to work efficiently and meet project deadlines
- Knowledge and daily use of computers and the computer programs used in the office for job description
- Ability to work at a desk throughout the workday; adjustable (sit or stand) desks are standard
- Must be able to see, interpret, and analyze data in color on computer screens/programs and paper
- Performs effectively under conditions of high stress and pressure
*Qualifying minimum years of professional experience is a guideline which is subject to comparison against job performance and is at NSPJ’s discretion. **The above lists are not necessarily exhaustive and may be supplemented or revised by NSPJ, at its sole discretion.