- Concurrently holding a responsibility-based position of Designer II or above / Architect I or above
- Minimum of 5 years* of professional experience
- Employee at NSPJ for a minimum of 1 year
- Moderate guidance through all design phases from conception through construction
- High level of proficiency in all “Performance Expectations” associated with responsibility-based title
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong decision making and problem-solving skills
- Excels at time management and multi-tasking
- Collaborative, team-building attitude that sets a positive tone
- Sets expectations for reporting team member performance
- Collaborate with Project Manager or Principal to manage, guide, and educate production team
- Set production team performance expectations, assign tasks
- Manage & review drawing sets and specifications
- Manage production team schedule to ensure deliverables meet deadlines and expected quality level
- Collaborate with Project Manager or Principal to Coordinate drawings with design consultants
- Perform contract administration under the direct guidance of a Project Manager or Principal.
- Collaborate with Project Manager or Principal to prepare for meetings with clients
- Initiate project updates with Project Manager or Principal in charge regularly
- Provide direct and detailed production staff oversight & leadership to ensure production levels are being maintained
- Assist Project Manager to problem solve to make adjustments to keep project on budget.
- Assist Project Manager or Principal with proposals and marketing materials
- Essential for the effective performance in this role and the successful operation of the firm’s business, the individual must be able to communicate (verbal and written) effectively and constructively in English with NSPJ employees, consultants, and clients in order to convey and understand details relating to projects and other business-related items.
- Facilitates technical meetings to collaborate on best practices of drawing development and efficiencies.
ESSENTIAL EMPLOYMENT REQUIREMENTS
- Communicate clearly and effectively in English, both written and verbally
- Daily attendance for a typical workday and accurate recording of time
- Able to work cooperatively with co-workers and teams through all stages of design and construction
- Ability to work efficiently and meet project deadlines
- Knowledge and daily use of computers and the computer programs used in the office for job description
- Ability to work at a desk throughout the workday; adjustable (sit or stand) desks are standard
- Must be able to see, interpret, and analyze data in color on computer screens/programs and paper
- Performs effectively under conditions of high stress and pressure
*Qualifying minimum years of professional experience is a guideline which is subject to comparison against job performance and is at NSPJ’s discretion. **The above lists are not necessarily exhaustive and may be supplemented or revised by NSPJ, at its sole discretion.