- Architecture or Landscape Architecture graduate with a professional degree in Architecture, a related field, or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 5 years* of professional experience
- Demonstrates ability to perform the requirements of Designer II with proficiency
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Intermediate to Advanced skill level with Revit, SketchUp, Autodesk Suite, and Photoshop
- Performs work under the minimal supervision of an experienced Architect or Designer
- Advanced knowledge of drafting standards, dimensioning practices, and 3d visualization
- Advanced knowledge of design principles, technical detailing, and the standard of care in Architectural documentation
- Advanced knowledge of building codes, standards, building construction, and building structures
- Communicates effectively and constructively with consultants and clients
- Inquisitive and eager to learn; takes initiative to ask questions.
- Applies a great attention to detail and accuracy in all tasks
- Self-starter who takes direction and feedback, and has a solutions-based approach to problem solving
- Exhibits flexibility and ability to switch tasks quickly as real-time changes occur.
- Represents the firm in a professional manner
- Design & develop preliminary concepts and presentations
- Design & develop Architectural plans, elevations, sections, & details to successful completion with minimal guidance
- Perform code review and documentation with minimal guidance
- Perform QC/QA to deliver work that is generally free of errors
- Redline documents for less experienced staff
- Coordinate drawings with design consultants
- Interact with local jurisdictions for permitting, zoning, approvals, etc.
- Client interaction under the supervision of and at the discretion of PM or Principal
- Perform contract administration and construction observation tasks under moderate supervision of a PM or Principal
- CAD and Revit drafting
- Preparing 3D visualization and presentation materials
- Interpret and implement redlines (models, drawings, documents)
- Delivery of city forms, material gathering / material sample boards, scanning documents, transmittals
- As-Built measuring and photos on the jobsite
- Essential for the effective performance in this role and the successful operation of the firm’s business, the individual must be able to communicate (verbal and written) effectively and constructively in English with NSPJ employees, consultants, and clients in order to convey and understand details relating to projects and other business-related items.
ESSENTIAL EMPLOYMENT REQUIREMENTS
- Communicate clearly and effectively in English, both written and verbally
- Daily attendance for a typical workday and accurate recording of time
- Able to work cooperatively with co-workers and teams through all stages of design and construction
- Ability to work efficiently and meet project deadlines
- Knowledge and daily use of computers and the computer programs used in the office for job description
- Ability to work at a desk throughout the work day; adjustable (sit or stand) desks are standard
- Must be able to see, interpret, and analyze data in color on computer screens/programs and paper
- Performs effectively under conditions of high stress and pressure
*The listed qualifying range of professional experience is a guideline which is subject to comparison against job performance. Individuals may be outside this range at NSPJ’s discretion. **The above lists are not necessarily exhaustive and may be supplemented or revised by NSPJ, at its sole discretion.