- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, journalism, communications, business OR an unrelated degree with commensurate experience of at least 7 years
- Minimum of 5 years* of professional experience in marketing or closely related field, such as advertising or public relations (PR)
- Proficiency in the following: Adobe Creative Suite (esp. InDesign and Photoshop), WordPress, website analytics, and MS Office Suite
- Experience with long-term marketing plans, from strategy, to execution, to analysis and reporting
- Ability to develop new and effective marketing concepts and strategies and to successfully implement them
- Understanding of brand standards and general graphic design principles
- Perform work with minimal supervision as a department of one
- Inquisitive and eager to learn; takes initiative to ask questions.
- Applies a great attention to detail and accuracy in all tasks
- Self-starter who can work independently takes direction and initiative and has a solutions-based approach to problem-solving
- Exhibits flexibility and the ability to switch tasks quickly as real-time changes occur.
- Represents the firm in a professional manner
- Effectively able to use a smartphone for social media posting and scheduling (content calendar)
- Assist with developing, proofreading, drafting and executing various written assets such as advertisements in publications, brochures, and other sales material: emails, newsletters, web page content, and presentations
- With guidance from a Board representative, develop, execute, and implement marketing strategies and accompanying materials, including but not limited to the following:
- Social media: generate content, manage and monitor postings and ensure a response to messages on all platforms as needed (Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, Houzz, Pinterest, and LinkedIn)
- Website: utilize WordPress to maintain current content, create and upload new & engaging content regularly, including monthly blog postings; ensure website postings are conducive for Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Marketing Materials: prepare and executive (both in-house and in coordination with outside vendors) all printed, digital, and visual display materials in line with the NSPJ brand, including Requests for Proposals (RFPs), business development documents, press releases, in-house templates, presentations for industry events, signage for job sites, displays for recruiting events, etc.
- Sponsorships: coordinate involvement in industry activities and events, including contest entries, work with the Board to implement charitable sponsorships as needed
- Photography: manage image library; collaborate with architects, clients, and freelance photographers to strategize & schedule photoshoots of completed projects
- Administrative duties: budget tracking; review contracts with outside vendors; marketing library organization; project database updates and other clerical work associated with the marketing function
*The listed qualifying range of professional experience is a guideline that is subject to comparison against job performance. Individuals may be outside this range at NSPJ’s discretion.
ESSENTIAL EMPLOYMENT REQUIREMENTS
- Communicate clearly and effectively in English, both written and verbally
- Daily attendance for a typical workday and accurate recording of time
- Able to work cooperatively with co-workers and teams through all stages of design & construction
- Ability to work efficiently and meet project timelines
- Knowledge and daily use of computers and the computer programs used in the office for job description
- Ability to work at a desk throughout the workday; adjustable (sit or stand) desks are standard
- Must be able to see, interpret, and analyze data in color on computer screens/programs and paper