JUNIOR SPECIFICATIONS WRITER
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture or a construction related field; Licensed Architect preferred.
- 3 years minimum* of specifications writing experience in an Architectural/Engineering firm.
- Familiarity with Autodesk Suite; proficiency in MasterSpec and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Knowledge of buildings codes, architectural and structural systems, and materials standards.
- Must have a basic knowledge of construction industry drawing standards and requirements.
- Familiar with AIA documents.
- Knowledge of CSI principles and construction materials (preferred).
- Reviews drawings and other project information to write and edit project specifications.
- Acts as a technical resource for architectural staff.
- Coordinates specification schedules and deadlines with internal staff, external consultants, and clients.
- Uses thorough understanding of project design requirements to translate project needs.
- Performs product research, assists in material selection, develops, and maintains relationships with vendors.
- Performs quality control reviews.
- Performs work under the direct supervision of the Senior Specifications Writer and/or Specification Writer.
- Assembles final specification documents, issues documents as needed and develops advertisements for Bids.
- Develops custom specification sections as needed and updates standard specifications to meet project specific requirements.
- Researches products, manufacturers, codes & standards, and rules & regulations as related to writing specifications.
- Curates and maintains sample & reference library.
- Represents the firm in a professional manner.
- Excels at time management and multi-tasking.
- Collaborative, team building attitude that sets a positive tone.
- Strong decision-making and problem-solving skills.
*The listed qualifying range of professional experience is a guideline which is subject to comparison against job performance. Individuals may be outside this range at NSPJ’s discretion.